Thursday, May 31, 2007

Cory@Google

So, cruising through BoingBoing on the first day of my vacation@home netted me this talk that Cory Doctorow gave at Google.

It has in it a few things that I've heard or watched him speak about in the past, but also quite a bit of about how 'intellectual property' has changed our economy. It clarified for me something that I've long thought about in a new perspective. That is the reason that government is so pro-business when it comes to ip. Rather than just chalking it up to congresspeople and senators as beholden to the lobbyists and campaign contributions, it makes a kind of (the kind I disagree) with economic sense to ensure that revenues continue to follow the stream into our economy.

Rather than restate what he's already said more effectively to lay out the groundwork of the argument, here's the talk itself:

No comments: