Saturday, May 05, 2007

Comics!

Okay, so its Free Comic Book Day, and I haven't bought comics in well over a year. I've been reading some of them again recently, though, and in honour of the holiday, I decided to visit the two comic book stores near me. Also, today was an awesome day to get out even if it was just to drive to a little town, then back past my apartment the other way to a shopping center. At least I took the scenic route.

The first one, Funnybooks, in Lake Hiawatha, is a tiny little store, was packed with high school boys (yeah yeah, no girls), and the owner didn't stop talking to people the entire time I was in the store. That last bit was far less annoying than it sounds, in fact, it was really cool to see him interact with these kids, you could tell they'd grown up going to the store, and he made the effort to know them personally.

The other was Fat Moose Comics & Games, which is closer to work, has a bigger selection, more space .. and I liked it a whole lot less. Not that it was in any rational way deficient, but the hometown feel of Funnybooks will probably keep me coming back -- at least if they have a subscription service so I can get the books I want.

Oh my god. Comics!

And yes, I totally missed my 'Hockey!' post. I've been meaning to do it since the first round of the playoffs started, but I'll hold it back for a Rangers! post after game 7.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

If you could be any superhero, which would you be?